Parsley is the world’s most popular herb for a number of reasons. Most of us, when we think of Parsley, think of it as a green decorative garnish. But a sprig of Parsley can provide many more unique benefits than a decoration on your plate.
Parsley has been around for more than 2,000 years and is native to the Mediterranean region of Southern Europe. The two most popular parsley selections are Curly Leaf Parsley and Italian Parsley. The Italian Parsley provides a more fragrant and less bitter taste than the Curly Leaf.
Benefits of Parsley:
- Heart Health- Parsley contains folic acid, which is one of the most important B Vitamins that supports heart function.
- Rich in Chlorophyll, a natural blood purifier and tonic that oxygenates the blood, allowing for for better cellular respiration.
- Kidney Health- Parsley is a natural diuretic and helps the body get rid of excess fluid, supporting kidney function and detoxifying the body.
- Rich in minerals and antioxidants
- A natural breath freshener.
- Rich in Vitamins A, B-12, C and K.
- Its anti-inflammatory properties can aid in joint relief and provide protection from Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Immunity Booster- Parsley contains three times more Vitamin C than oranges, making it an incredible immune booster.
- Combat hair loss- Parsley’s contains essential oils, that when massaged into the scalp on a regular basis, may reduce hair loss.
Here are a few of my favorite juicing recipes to get more Parsley into your lifestyle:
Super Hydrator Juice- 7 leaves of Romaine, 1 Cucumber, A handful of Parsley, 1 Apple
Alkalizing and Heavy Metal Detox Juice– 1 Cucumber, 4 stalks of Celery, 1 green Apple, a handful of Cilantro and Parsley
Parsley contains Oxalates and is not recommended for individuals who have any existing or untreated Kidney or Gallbladder conditions.
For more tips and recipes on the Healthy Lifestyle, check out my YouTube Channel @ http://youtu.be/gXtbbilif0Y
Follow me on Facebook @ imwellness and Ian Michael Myers
Leave a DONATION for Ian Myers on Pay Pal @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your support!!
The world’s Healthiest Foods. www.whfoods.com. March 18, 2014
Any advice relating to health or medical matters reflects the private opinion of the person giving this advice. It is not medical advice and IMWellness, Ian Myers, its members, employees and representatives claim no medical authority or expertise whatsoever; this also applies to herbal and other alternative treatments, and dietary, fitness and nutrition-related advice of all kinds. IMWwellness and Ian Myers takes no responsibility for any consequences resulting from following such advice. Anyone seeking health and/or medical advice is strongly advised to consult a qualified professional regardless of what he/she may read on IMWellness. Do not disregard medical opinion or make any changes to your healthcare based on what you may read on this site. You are solely responsible for all decisions you make regarding your healthcare.