Herbs have been around since the dawn of time, and have been used to find remedy to a number of different illnesses. The herbs in this article are especially good at enhancing cognitive function, and helping to increase your brainpower.
Top five herbs that enhance and stimulate memory and brain function:
- Gotu Kola– has been used for centuries by traditional healers to treat a wide array of illnesses and medical conditions. Traditional uses include: Improvement of cognitive function, the healing of wounds, treatment of skin conditions such as leprosy and psoriasis.
- Yerba Mate– Yerba mate is a central nervous system stimulant containing caffeine, but it also contains a number of other nutrients, including antioxidants, amino acids, polyphenols, vitamins and minerals. Yerba mate is said to be a safe and effective nervous system stimulant with very few side effects and many health benefits. Yerba Mate is extremely high in antioxidants and has about 90% more antioxidants than the popular green tea.
- Ginkgo– is a popular “brain herb” that boosts memory and enhance cognitive performance. The two biggest components in ginkgo are flavonoids and trepenoids. Flavonoids are plant-based antioxidants. Studies have revealed that flavonoids protect the nerves, blood vessels, heart muscle, and retina from damage. Trepenoids aid in increasing blood flow.
- Panex Ginseng– Ginseng is an adaptogenic herb, which adapts itself to the needs of the body. It is believed to be an excellent tonic that benefits one’s stamina, Libido, helps boost energy levels, and helps improve concentration and thinking ability. **Its not recommended to take this for long periods of time.
- Rosemary- it is referred to as the herb of “Remembrance”. Rosemary is used in cosmetics, adding flavor to food and beverages. It can be consumed as a fresh herb (whole or liquid extract) or as a dry herb for teas. Rosemary oil can be used as an effective aromatherapy protocol for poor memory, improving mental clarity, fatigue, and difficulty concentrating. If you use the oils, It’s best to apply a carrier oil like almond, avocado, or grape seed oil first for best results.
* Always read about the side effects before experimenting with these herbs and or see your health care practitioner.
Have a Healthy, Happy Day!!!
For more tips and recipes on the Healthy Lifestyle, check out my YouTube Channel @ http://youtu.be/gXtbbilif0Y
Follow me on Facebook @ imwellness and Ian Michael Myers
Leave a DONATION for Ian Myers on Pay Pal @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your support!!
Any advice relating to health or medical matters reflects the private opinion of the person giving this advice. It is not medical advice and IMWellness, Ian Myers, its members, employees and representatives claim no medical authority or expertise whatsoever; this also applies to herbal and other alternative treatments, and dietary, fitness and nutrition-related advice of all kinds. IMWwellness and Ian Myers takes no responsibility for any consequences resulting from following such advice. Anyone seeking health and/or medical advice is strongly advised to consult a qualified professional regardless of what he/she may read on IMWellness. Do not disregard medical opinion or make any changes to your healthcare based on what you may read on this site. You are solely responsible for all decisions you make regarding your healthcare.